Website SEO Strategies for Start-ups
All start-ups that develop a search engine marketing strategy should start with Advanced Keyword Research and a comprehensive Website Audit. Everything else flows from there – content strategy, linking strategy, page markup, social strategy, mobile strategy, local strategy and multilingual strategy. You have to get these two right for everything else to fall into place.
Search Optimization has many flavors. If you do business regionally your requirements are much different from firms doing business nationally, and national requirements are different from companies doing business globally. There are also strategies around Linking, Content and Page Markup that impact your tactical execution of your SEO strategy. Here are a set of resources to help you sort through these issues.
- Developing a SEO Strategy and Road Map
- Preparing for a SEO Audit
- SEO Best Practices for Copy Writers
- Optimizing PPC Landing Pages
- Linking SEO Strategies
- Mobile SEO and Transcoding
- Multilingual SEO
- Optimizing Advertisements
- How Keyword Research Aids in Marketing Strategy
- It’s Easy to Fail at SEO
- Mobile Website SEO
- SEO for Local Businesses
- SEO and Compound Words
- Optimizing Internal Search for SEO
- XML and HTML Sitemap SEO
- How Businesses Search for SEO Services
- SEO Ranking Dynamics
- Unimportant Words Impact Search Relevancy
- Page Rank of No Value?
- SEO Opportunity in File Formats
Advanced Keyword Research / Search Behavior
What is a Search Behavior Model? Answer: It’s advanced keyword research…
No amount of SEO in the world will compensate for you not understanding your customers, and how they search for your products and services.
- What is a Search Behavior Model?
- User Intent: How Consumers Search for Products and Services
- Keyword Research Aids in Marketing Strategy
Search Behavior and Personas
How to put a human face on your customer. The more you know about your customer the easier it is to focus your development and marketing strategies.
Search Behavior Models in Action
The following are advanced keyword research deep-dives into consumer search behavior across different industries and markets. Look at these to see how this research helps focus content strategies, identify new content strategies and reveals additional landing page opportunities.
- Giving Customers What They Want: Part 1
- Giving Customers What They Want: Part 2
- Search Behavior Model for Law Firms
- Search Behavior Model for Medical Practices
- How Consumers Search for a Doctor
- How Consumers Search for Information About a Disease
- Search Behavior Model for Restaurants: Part 1
- Search Behavior Model for Restaurants: Part 2
- Search Behavior Model for Health Insurance Providers
- Search Behavior Model for Recruiters (Head Hunters)
- How Businesses Search for a SEO Company
- How Businesses Search for Social Media Vendors
- How Businesses Search for Interactive Agency
- How Businesses Search for QR Code Vendors
- How Office Supply Firms Can Target Start-ups
- How Consumers Search for a Garden Center
- How Consumers Search for Publishing Service
- Businesses are Confused About Social Media
Start-ups do Grow Up – Enterprise SEO
At some point you will have a real company, with dozens or maybe even hundreds of employees. Not only do you have to deal with your out-facing content from your website, you now have to manage all those data silos that are important for running your company. The following deals with SEO issues in the Enterprise, which is very different from website SEO.
- Optimizing Search for the Enterprise
- Optimizing the Enterprise with Human Search Behavior
- What is an Ontology 101
- Parametric Search Technology
Using social media personally does not provide the expertise required to run a business from these various platforms. These platforms are here to make money off you, and it makes good business sense to understand the rules that govern the use of their API’s, their advertising platforms and how you can integrate these platforms with your primary company website.
- Social Media 101
- Twitter 101
- Facebook 101
- Blogging 101
- LinkedIn Company Pages
- Facebook’s Open Graph Protocol
- How to Select a Social Networking Platform for Your Company
- How Businesses Search for Social Networking Products and Services
If you would like to find out more about Enterprise SEO send me an email now at Mark@MSprague.com or call me now at 781-862-3126.
More start-up resources for the Northeastern student ventures.
About Lexington eBusiness Consulting
Providing comprehensive SEO services to the Northeastern start-up community…
Mark Sprague’s 25 years of product development experience, which includes expertise in Search Engines, Information Products, SEO platforms and Social Networking applications provide in-depth expertise to help you refine products and services, and improve your websites performance by:
- Developing a superior data-driven SEO strategy for your website.
Understanding your customers’ search behavior and normalizing it to your content strategy.
Understanding how search engine technology practically impacts SEO and content strategies.
Understanding how search technology impacts content in a social networking environment.
Developing a superior user experience based on sound information architecture, usability and coding standards.
Lexington eBusiness Consulting
Mark Sprague, CEO
580 Lowell Street
Lexington, MA 02420