Health Insurance Search Behavior Model
Recently a major life insurance company contracted me to develop a set of Behavior Models to aid in their search marketing efforts. The results enabled them to make major changes to their website’s ability to capture active consumer searches.
Currently I am looking at how consumers search for Health Insurance. Search behavior models provide a complete categorized overview of consumer search behavior which can dramatically improve your websites power to pull people. They also provide strategic focus for:
- Identifying landing page opportunities.
- Providing editorial focus for websites.
- Identifying preferred terminology for ads.
- Defining your information architecture.
- Driving your content strategy.
- Focusing your SEO strategy.
- Normalizing your website with consumer intent.
- Drawing consumers with active intent to your website.
Health Insurance Search Behavior
The following table list the categories of behavior (with monthly search volume) in health insurance. Many of these provide custom landing page opportunities to capture customers before they view your competitor’s site.
Sub-Categories by Type
It gets better. If you look at sub-categories of behavior, you find some very interesting targeting opportunities. A category often has specific terms being used that can provide editorial focus for page copy for custom landing pages. In the following table, the categories of search by a “type” of insurance or a “class” of individuals are good landing page examples.
Find Out More
To find out more about SEO for Health Insurance please get in touch with me at: Mark@MSprague.com or call me now at: 781-862-3126
PS. Here’s an example of a full search behavior analysis in a related medical discipline: How consumers search for Lasik Services.
About Lexington eBusiness Consulting
Mark Sprague’s 25 years of product development experience which includes expertise in Search Engines, Information Products, SEO platforms and Social Networking applications provide in-depth expertise to help you refine products and services, and improve your web sites performance by:
- Developing a superior data-driven SEO strategy for your website.
- Understanding your customers’ search behavior and normalizing it to your content strategy.
- Understanding how search engine technology practically impacts SEO and content strategies.
- Understanding how search technology impacts content in a social networking environment.
- Developing a superior user experience based on sound information architecture, usability and coding standards.
Lexington eBusiness Consulting
Mark Sprague, CEO
580 Lowell Street
Lexington, MA 02420