Optimizing Landing Pages and PPC Ads
PPC campaigns have different search engine marketing requirements
Optimizing your PPC campaign around a landing page is not the same as optimizing your website for general organic search results. The end goals are different. Your website functionally has many duties from providing information about product and services – to giving existing customers access to customer service. You can add to this mix a lead generation process, and cross / up-selling opportunities. Your website is like a Swiss Army Knife.
A landing page is more like a Sushi Knife, it is designed to do just one thing, and do that one thing well. These singular tasks can be to:
- Generate a request for information
- Initiate a phone call to you
- Start a chat session with a sales representative
- Purchase a product
The PPC / Landing page eco-system has several components with very specific requirements. These include:
- Conducting keyword research to understand how consumers search for your products and services.
- Writing landing page copy with a single focused message.
- Developing a landing page Call to Action process with an appropriate conversion form.
- Using Landing Page SEO best practices for content and page markup.
- Writing advertisement copy that reflects consumer search behavior.
- Conducting multivariate testing of all elements of the landing page and advertisement.
- Defining your important KPI, and tracking the results with analytics tools.
- Make sure there is Ad-Keyword-Landing Page cohesion – all three must be complementary.
These are the high-level variables that define a good PPC Eco-systems. There are complexities associated with some of these – especially in the area of Call to Action best practices, and Landing Page SEO. Other areas that impact a PPC strategy are geo-location, and mobile searches. Both of these effect content strategy, and landing page design.
Keywords, Ads & Landing Page must hang as a unit
If you are interested in learning more about Landing Page SEO best practices send me (Mark Sprague) an email at: Mark@MSprague.com, or call me at: 781-862-3126
About Lexington eBusiness Consulting
Providing comprehensive Google SEO services to the Boston community…
Mark Sprague’s 25 years of product development experience, which includes expertise in Search Engines, Information Products, SEO platforms and Social Networking applications provide in-depth expertise to help you refine products and services, and improve your search engine marketing and websites performance by:
- Developing a superior data-driven SEO strategy for your website.
- Understanding your customers’ search behavior and normalizing it to your content strategy.
- Understanding how search engine technology practically impacts SEO and content strategies.
- Understanding how search technology impacts content in a social networking environment.
- Developing a superior user experience based on sound information architecture, usability and coding standards.
Lexington eBusiness Consulting
Mark Sprague, CEO
580 Lowell Street
Lexington, MA 02420